We’re excited to be hiring a new member of the MPavilion team!
We’re searching for a copywriter and community manager to write our online program for the 2016/17 season; Tweet, ’gram and pen Facebook posts about upcoming events and our latest news; and chat with our social-media friends. Au fait with a CMS? Know the difference between its and it’s? Strive to stay one step ahead of Zuckerberg? If you’re interested in art and design, and have a background in arts and culture writing, we’d love to hear from you. Bonus points for being curious about architecture and familiar with MPavilion’s past two seasons.
Read the full job description below. To apply, email your CV, with a cover letter, to Jessie French at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close end of day, Tuesday 29 March.
MPavilion is seeking a moderately experienced, enthusiastic copywriter and community manager, with considerable copywriting and editing skills, for our fast-paced project team.
MPavilion is an annual architecture commission with a four-month program of free events. We are a tiny team that does big things to a standard that has attracted worldwide recognition. We enjoy what we do immensely and work very hard and fast at it. As part of the team, you will be an integral part of getting engaging content that communicates our extensive program, and any related projects, out to the public.
You will be part of a small team that is responsible for producing every part of the project, and you will therefore work closely with all facets of the organisation.
• Seasonal contract with potential to transition to further employment
• Beginning as a part-time role (2–3 days per week) from May/June and scaling up to Monday to Friday (9am–5pm) from August, including some at-home evening and weekend hours, with compensatory days provided
• Reports to office manager immediately and whole team in weekly meetings and where necessary
• Buffet lunch provided daily
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Available late April for two briefing and development sessions with The Good Copy (1 day total), start date TBN
This position is focused on working with the MPavilion team and liaising with collaborators to manage the in-flow of assets required for the program, checking the assets submitted, and then editing copy provided by collaborators relating to events in order to prepare all content for our online program and online platforms.
Community management will consist of planning social media strategy and schedule with the MPavilion team, preparing content and managing uploads, posting content and interacting with the community. Out-of-hours work includes monitoring and, where appropriate, responding to comments and questions from the public.
The ideal candidate will be able to use clear, concise and grammatically correct language; ensure that all written communications are in line with MPavilion’s style guide; manage workflow and priorities independently; identify processes, tasks and resources required to reach goals; and be adaptable, positive, professional and logical. Familiarity with the history, style and voice of MPavilion and a personal interest in architecture, design and contemporary art will be considered highly.
• copywriting all content for the online program
• managing flow of assets from collaborators in line with schedules to ensure events are published online in a timely manner to allow for proper promotion of events or in-line with planned schedules
• liaising with the MPavilion programs team to keep them updated on progress for online program copywriting
• checking submitted assets for suitability and following up to ensure details are accurate and images are correctly sized and formatted
• preparing pages in WordPress CMS and uploading assets ready for publishing
• liaising with the MPavilion team to create online communications strategy and timelines for all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, SoundCloud, MPavilion newsfeed (blog) and online newsletters
• sourcing images and writing copy to promote all events in the public program and key news items
• managing and monitoring online platforms
• creating and maintaining schedules for posting and boosting posts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in similar role
• Demonstrated sub-editing and proofreading skills
• Strong copywriting skills, and previous experience writing for the arts and culture sector
• Solid experience with Content Management Systems, including WordPress
• Strong knowledge of copy-editing marks and editorial procedures
• Ability to sustain a high level of care and meticulous attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional capacity to learn and solve problems
• Ability to self-motivate, meet deadlines and take initiative to complete tasks both within and outside the scope of duties
• Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility with shifting responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to give and receive honest and direct feedback
• Calm demeanour and positive attitude under pressure
• Willingness to be part of a close-knit team and thrive in a collaborative environment
• Experience with and knowledge of social-media conventions and best practices, including community management
• Familiarity with Hootsuite, Crowdfire, InDesign, Photoshop, Google Docs and Dropbox
BONUS POINTS FOR
• knowledge of and interest in the history, style and voice of MPavilion
• interest in design, architecture and contemporary art.
If you like the sound of this, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and CV (or provide a link to it) to Jessie French at email@example.com by Tuesday 29 March 2016. Feel free to include any additional background information you think may be helpful.
Founded in 2014, MPavilion is a unique architecture commission and design event for Melbourne, initiated by the Naomi Milgrom Foundation with support from City of Melbourne and the Victorian State Government.
Every year for four years, an outstanding architect will be commissioned to design a temporary pavilion for the Queen Victoria Gardens, in the centre of Melbourne’s Southbank Arts Precinct.
An event hub, a meeting place, a temporary landmark, a spontaneous detour and an invitation to experiment, each MPavilion brings creative collaborators together to present a free, four-month program of talks, workshops and performances from October to February.
The 2016 MPavilion will be designed by Bijoy Jain of Studio Mumbai. The 2015 MPavilion was designed by AL_A, the studio of Stirling Prize-winning architect Amanda Levete, and will soon have a permanent home within the City of Melbourne. The 2014 MPavilion was designed by Australian firm Sean Godsell Architects, and now has a new, permanent home at Melbourne’s Hellenic Museum.
We are a small team that works closely to achieve a huge amount at a standard that has attracted worldwide interest and recognition. If you would like to be part of this culture of excellence, we invite you to explore this career opportunity. Visit mpavilion.org, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.